Oct 17, 2011

Vidal Sassoon










I love documentaries and can't help but want to watch all of them, and while I have been putting my portfolio together I watch them. This last one was on the creativity of the hair stylist Vidal Sassoon. Not only was he sooo inspiring with his modernism in hair and shape, but the entire documentary had such beautiful images I screenshot some places that I thought showed beautiful photography. He came from Europe during the great depression and his mother said she had an epiphany, he was supposed to be a barber, so she took him to the shop and he has done hair ever since. The A line cut and the 5 point cut were both him! I had no idea that the brand of haircare was an actual person who had such a great influence in the 60's throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...