Aug 2, 2013

The Screwtape Letters

Well I just finished reading the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. Someone mentioned it in a lesson in church and I thought I would find out for myself what its about. 

It is about two tempters (demons/devils) the younger nephew is writing letters to his uncle who is training him on how to fight God in the war between good and evil. It is all in the Uncles word and he speaks about the little things that can pull someone off the path of goodness. So many of the subjects he talks about are present in my own life, such as selfishness, judging others, impatience and worldliness. They all start out so small and then grow eventually turning people to rely on themselves and to see that all they have is because of them. I know most people struggle with these things to a certain degree and that is why I think the book relates to everyone. 

I listened to the audiobook on Youtube while I was at work instead of listening to my music. It only took one work day. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a quick read and a bit of deep thinking.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...