Apr 16, 2013

we are strong boston

Boston massechusetts


I have an overwhelming sense of patriotism and love for my country since the bombing at the boston marathon. My father runs marathons and has done over 40. I was thinking two things when I found out about the tragedy. One that could have been my Dad, who has worked so hard to train for such a great life achievement and then in an instant never be able to walk again. My heart goes out to those who lost their legs in the bombing. I know because of their drive and determination they will be able to find happiness in their new physical state.

The second thought that came to mind was how grateful I am to be an American. Despite the chaos in our government sometimes, we are still very blessed to be in America. The land of the free and the home of the brave. Although we have different political opinions we stand united when it comes to being American. I am reminded of september 11th and the coming together of a nation and people. It showed the goodness in the world and brought so many together to serve. I know we are a strong country and we will be able to get through trials like this if we remember what's important, our freedom and serving one other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...