Nov 15, 2012

RSP


I have been Relief Society President for a year and a half now and it has been a roller coaster ride for me. First I felt very scared and overwhelmed and wondered why they asked me of all people to do the calling. I am not a momo (Molly Mormon) I kiss boys and sometimes wear bikinis. I even asked the Bishop "Are you sure?!" He said yes I have felt the prompting very strongly, so I accepted. As soon as I began I realized I had no idea what I was doing and how was I supposed to help and lead all those girls. I cried a lot of tears but saw so many blessings. Then I finally got the hang of things and became soooo over the meetings all the time and constant changing of assignments. I think I got too comfortable with it. I thought I was going to get released because most presidents are in for two semesters or 8 months so I was just riding it out. Then I went to Europe and my feelings changed. All I could think about was how I could I be such a lazy servant when I had been blessed with the responsibility to take care of all these girls who have so many issues they are facing. I get to have the spirit with me and participate in many different exceptional experiences. I was taking it for granted. I could feel that I would still be RSP so I could have another chance. And now that is the case. I am so grateful for this calling, I know it has changed me for the better and helped prepare for marriage and the future. It has helped me give of myself and my talents and teaches me to be humble and kind. With Thanksgiving season here I have to give thanks to the Lord for giving me this great challenge and blessing and another chance to serve his daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...