May 11, 2011

A new day, a new place









Well its been a while since I have blogged. I have been thinking about what I should do with this fun blog about new york since I moved back to Ut and here I am not such a sweet spirit. But I have realized that I love this blog so much that I am going to keep it and turn it into a design inspiration blog building off of my experience in new york city.

Lately: Lately I have been really into art documentaries and have stayed up till 3 in the morning almost every night watching them. The first one I watched is called The Pixar Story. It is all about how animation went from drawing to digital and the wonderful creative people behind it. The second one I watched was much different. It was about the Barnes collection, one of the most valuable modern art collections in the world and how Mr. Barnes will was destroyed by politics and wealth to get it into the museum world. Both I highly recommend.

Lastly: I really liked these designs and I couldn't help but think they were moving towards art nouveau style from the turn of the century. It is a reaction to minimalism and modernism. I love them and I love art nouveau. Some of these pictures are new and some are old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...