Apr 27, 2011

black & white










I have been thinking a lot about photography and how I want to learn more about it. I see all the beautiful color shots but something is so beautiful about simple black and white photos. I feel like they always have a certain mood that is raw but breathtaking. 

I had to add the last pic of St. Cecilia because it was one of my favorite sculptures in Italy. The story is that she was martyred because of her beliefs. She was found hundred of years later in exactly this position perfectly preserved. One hand has three fingers up signifying the Godhead and the other is one finger pointing to heaven. They tried to cut her head off three times but were unsuccessful until she bled to death in this position. Its a crazy but beautiful story and that is why she is my favorite Saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...