Mar 31, 2011

the hipster slang

I found this book and I cant help but share it!! Hilarious!!
I have heard some of these terms before but am completely oblivious...of course

THE HIPSTER HANDBOOK

bronson - beer
sentence: "I drank a sixer of bronsons last night while watching the game."
Origin: Watching Charles Bronson movies while drinking beer is deck.
The term spawned from this ritual.
bust a moby - to dance
sentence: "Let's go to the Tunnel and bust a moby."
"Did you see her moves at the party last night? She really knows how to bust a moby."
chipper - a woman who's easy
sentence: "She's a real chipper and will sleep with anyone after one bronson."
clothesline - the gossip that is on the scene
sentence: "Yo, I heard on the clothesline that she is sleeping with Billy. She is such a chipper."
cronkite - boy
sentence: "Have you seen Anne's new cronkite? She met him at the cafe and he is such a frado."
deck - a key word for most Hipsters, similar in meaning to the antiquated fresh. To be deck is to be up on the latest trends, cutting edge, and/or hip.
sentence: "That tassel we met at the gallery opening sure looked deck in her cowboy boots."
" Have you checked out the new Jonathan Lethem book? It's deck."
A Frado
a frado
fin - the opposite of deck, similar to outdated terms like "wack" and "lame." Something that is fin is bad or undesirable.
sentence: "How can you like that Vin Diesel movie? Every film he's ever starred in has been fin."
"My date with Larry was so fin. He took me to Applebee's and ordered cheese fries as an appetizer."
frado - an ugly guy who thinks he's good-looking
sentence: "Bill thinks all the girls love him, but they all know he's a frado." 

jerry - a stoner or hippie
sentence: My pits smell ishtar. I feel like a total jerry.
juicer - a ladies' man. An individual who has undeniable sex appeal.
sentence: "I wish he would ask me out, he's such a juicer."( used by Snooki)
jug - a 40 ounce bottle of domestic beer.
sentence: "Tassels respect me. I can drink a whole jug and still bust a mean moby."
kale - money
sentence: "Yo Kim, can you slide me some kale? I'm still waiting for my mom to send rent."
midtown - uncultured or unhip
sentence: "He's never heard of Spike Jonze. He's so midtown."
piece - cell phone
sentence: "John is such a nerd. He doesn't even have a piece."
"I must have been on the subway, my piece didn't ring."
shitter - someone who constantly looks like he/she is taking a shit.
sentence: "Dude, Jake is such a shitter."
tassel - girl
sentence: "Jim is definitely a frado, but somehow he gets a new tassel every night."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...